Sunday, June 04, 2006

The arrival of page proofs for The Exquisite has conspired with moving business, paper grading, and drafting 22 questions for graduate student comprehensive exams means my posting may be a bit sparse for a while. The page proofs part of the obligations is the notable one. This is the last chance I have to look at the book and slip in any final minor changes. This is the round where things like "Would you like to look at my car..." Instead of "Would you like to look at my scar..." can be caught before the book is sent to the printer. There is some anxiety involved, of course, because despite the best intentions of everyone involved, the manuscript tends to grow weird moments like that at every round. A lot of that has to do with my lousy handwriting. Other instances are those so-called "acts of god", where weird stuff just happens. The main anxiety though is whether or not the book is really meant to be heading off into print. I mean, we fool ourselves about a lot of things...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home