Saturday, August 19, 2006

This gave me a first-class anxiety dream last night. I was supposed to read from The Exquisite, but when I got up to the podium I felt compelled to throw in some extras...like a little dance! My only option, as I didn't have anything prepared, was spontaneous improv. I sucked. And never got around to reading.

I've been to dull readings too, but they didn't make me wish the reader had started leaping around next to the mic. That, in most cases (especially my own), would have been even more painful to see.

I once gave a reading from The Impossibly wearing huge reflective sunglasses -- as a kind of tie-in to the book. Everyone was just sort of like, huh?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, come on, Laird! I'm looking forward to your own little video.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Jamba Dunn said...

Laird Hunt at the podium wearing reflective sunglasses and doing a little jig, now THAT is a memorable reading.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home