Friday, September 08, 2006

As The Exquisite is now officially out and about (I would love to hear about sightings of it), I will be dropping in notes about its doings and what I'm doing with it a little more frequently.

If you can make it to either of the New York launch events, which will include this guaranteed super-fun soiree, that would be very swell.

Very excited today to drop by The Elegant Variation and see that the book is the Friday give away.

And am extremely pleased to report that highly effective machinations are underway to put together a very short film around the book -- more on that soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger jdeshell said...

Dear Laird Hunt, author of The Exquisite,
I got my copy! It's beautiful, right down to the SERIOUS author photo on the back. I like those fold-out covers. I can't wait to read it. Let you know when I do. J

8:41 AM  
Blogger Jamba Dunn said...

I noticed someone on the NY subway reading The Exquisite. She appeared to be enjoying herself.

I thought: Brautigan knew he had hit the big time when the cashier at the local Chinese grocer was too busy reading his book to ring up his purchase.

Then I thought: How discomforting is it to overhear a group of total strangers discussing your work?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Laird Hunt said...

!!

(I can take some discomfort)

And yeah, JD, all business with that photo -- to counter the wackiness inside!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home