Thursday, August 24, 2006

I stumbled across this lament about poor copy editing. Seems a note to justify a stet got itself incorporated in the body of the finished book. Definitely a drag, though perhaps, with time, it won't seem quite so horrific to the book's fine author -- these things do fade in importance. At any rate, it reminds me how lucky I am to have an extremely careful, diligent publisher who puts out very clean books. Having said that, I would be happy to send a free copy of The Exquisite to the first person who can give me the page number, in the US edition of Indiana, Indiana, of a weird glyph that crept into the text in the final, final stage of production (I freaked for a couple minutes -- a paragraph got zapped into the glyph -- but then I calmed down, esp. since it was a pretty good edit). Like the last time I did this, only folks I haven't met or corresponded with are eligible. I realize that this cuts the pool considerably, but it's more fun this way...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lame rule, Laird! I wanted to play!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Laird Hunt said...

Ah, many apologies, Laura -- I bet you could've gotten it quickly. Hope your summer on the mountain went well, by the way.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home